Friday, December 15, 2006

The City of My Youth

When I was a junior in high school, the Seattle grunge rock sound hit big. It swept up every red-blooded American kid into wearing corduroy, flannel shirts and Doc Martens. God, I miss that music and those days! Two days ago, I heard Alice in Chains' "No Excuses" for the first time in, oh, eight or nine years... and it still sounds like some of the best music of the last two decades.

So, yesterday, I flew into Seattle. God, I love this place! I'm here to do a program for the Washington State Dept. of Transportation on impaired driving (photos in the next day or two), but I'm seriously stoked about just being here. The rain, the coffee, the people, the salmon – this town is a dream come true for those of us from Generation X.

www.marcusengel.com
www.myspace.com/marcusengel

No comments: