Monday, February 25, 2008

A Thousand Apologies...and A Lesson In Integrity

Some people have pet peeves like the toilet lid being up or down(future reference? Men don't know and we don't care), some people hate when the person who used the last of the ice doesn't refill the tray(though if you've bought a fridge in the last decade or so, they don't usually come w/o ice makers). For me? I hate anything that has to do with lying, deception or living out of integrity. At the top of that list is hurting other people-at all.

I believe people should do what they say and say what they do. And, for one of my most recent discoveries, I'm ashamed of a place where I've lived out of integrity. That is, my monthly newsletter.

See, I really dislike people spamming me. So, I don't want to subject others to something I dislike. This is why there's an easy way to unsubscribe from my monthly newsletter.

At the bottom of each, there is a paragraph which says how we respect your privacy and, if you unsubscribe, your name/information will not be traded, sold, given away. All the reader has to do is send a blank E mail by clicking on:

unsubscribe@MarcusEngel.com

No problem, right? Wrong! I just found out that if you send an E mail to unsubscribe@MarcusEngel.com...it goes no where! It doesn't fall into it's own account, it doesn't get forwarded to me-it just dies.

I have no idea how long this has gone on. Really, I don't. I hate that some out there may have been receiving unwanted newsletters, but more than anything, I hate that, unbeknownst to me, I have not been living by that motto, do what you say and say what you do.

So, if you're reading this, please know the issue has been fixed. Then again, if you've taken the time to go to Engel's Ensights, you probably don't want to unsubscribe, anyway!

To those I may have inadvertently offended, I apologize. The problem has been fixed and I can go back to living with integrity.
.

No comments: