Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Sewanee: University of the South"

On Tuesday, April 14, I flew into Nashville (one of my favorite cities), but this time, it wasn't to go to Tootsie's nor Robert's Three Doors Down. This time, it was to head towards Chattanooga, through the mountains and stopping off at Sewanee, the University of the South.

Sewanee is a really interesting place with some fantastic southern hospitality! The president of the university is the mayor of the town, campus police are also the town police – the university IS the town. I often hear that statement when I'm in a small town with a college or university, but this time? It was literal!

Thanks to Nicky Hamilton for bringing me to Sewanee for Derby Days and the effort to provide students with an alternative message of alcohol abuse! I had a fantastic time with the fraternity and sorority members and Carson got lots of lovin' from Sewanee girls! Thanks also to Sewanee for one of the best lattes I've ever had!

No comments: