Thursday, January 07, 2010

Man, I love Buddhists!

Part of my overall desire to continually improve myself and my life is kicking into high gear as of late. Maybe it's the new year, or maybe it's just time for it, but I've been working a lot more on my eastern philosophy. Not that I'm really doing that much besides reading and trying to meditate a few minutes per day, but, as the proverb says: A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Last night, ran across a Buddhist proverb about happiness. Any really deep philosophical stuff can get weighed down in verbage...which is why I love these little one liners. Here's last night's that I'm trying to incorporate into life:

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

So, I am! And if this is helpful to you, thank a Buddhist!

No comments: