Sunday, May 07, 2006

Belated Thank Yous!

Belated thank yous!

At every speech I give, I try to get pics and post those on this blog with a word of thanks to the organization. Well, the camera malfunctioned the last two programs, so here's a "Thank You!" in text form and... yes, I'm getting the camera issues worked out!

Thanks to...

Truman State University and the National Society of Collegiate Scholars for a great event on April 25! This was my first time to Kirksville, MO in nearly 20 years... and thanks for making it such a great time! Special thanks to Kim Getman, Seth and Cara for all your hard work with promotion and for a great dinner (though no chipolte pizza!) out on the town! And extra special congrats to Kim and Seth for their upcoming marriage!

Next, thanks to Meramec Community College for a fantastic day on April 27! Everything from beginning to end was just fabulous! I was honored to be the keynote speaker for the ceremony to award the achievements of students with disabilities and, let me tell ya, it was way cool to do a college program not only in my own town, but my own neighborhood! Thanks to the professors that allowed me to spend a few minutes with their classes and talk on the various subjects they also teach. That is a truly special experience and I thank you for allowing me to provide a little additional insight to your students!

Thanks to all the folks in the disability access office, especially Amy Bird, for being such a great contact person and a darned funny E mailer, to boot! I hope I can be back next year for the program once again!

No comments: