Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Kirkwood Benefits

Later this week, I'm travelling back to St. Louis to see friends and family and attend a benefit for Officer Tom Ballman. Officer Ballman, another Kirkwood officer and three city council members were slain on Feb. 7 when an armed gunman broke into a city council meeting and started shooting.

Kirkwood is an incredibly close-knit community and where I've lived for the five years prior to Orlando. The benefit for Officer Ballman on Thursday night sounds like a great time for an even greater cause...and then I remembered Thursday is the real beginning of Holy Week. To be sure the event is still on, I googled around and found this site:

http://www.ci.kirkwood.mo.us/donation_and_fundraiser_info.htm In a message dated I


Turns out, there are benefits galore! It just warms my heart to know these individuals haven't been forgotten. In our fast paced world, today's tragedy is tomorrow's distant memory. Not so with the Kirkwood shooting victims. If you're around STL, consider helping out the families of the victims during one of these events.

No comments: